Saturday, January 31, 2015

3 more finishes......

Yeah!!!  I have been on a roll this month!!!  I hope the rest of the year lasts like my year has started out.  That would be AWESOME!!!

I have my LHN Bringing Home the Tree ornament finished......TOTALLY!!!  I had pulled it out of my LHN basket of charts and saw that it was half started so I wanted to get it finished for this year.  It was stitched on 36ct Summer Khaki but with 2 strands over 2.  WHAT WAS I THINKING when I started that little ornament using 2 strands over 2??????  I don't know but I had to finish it that way since I was NOT about to restart it over again.


Another finish for the month of January was WTN&T January Word Play on 35ct natural linen that I had bought from Tissage Gander when we were stationed in Germany.  I LOVED that fabric store over in France!!!  I'm stitching these with a friend of mine through out this year!!!


And my last finish for this month was SB My Garden kit.  I needed another small kit to finish and frame to hang in my main living room with all my other SB framed pieces.  I have them displayed on one wall and the way they are hanging, the far left side needed one more little project to finish the pictures hanging together.  Not to mention that this will definitely CHANGE as I still have TONS.....T-O-N-S.......of SB kits left to stitch up, frame and then hang together.  I will try to get the piece stretched and find a shop that has a small frame for it.  No I did not paint the mat if you were wondering.  That is not my talent so I leave that to others.



That's all I have for today.  Next month will be bringing JN Day 7 and 8 from the Ornamental Advent chart, February Word Play and I've started MBT Amazing Grace so I hope to bring an update on it as well.

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely finishes, Brenda! Your January word play looks fabulous on that natural Gander linen. Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Great finishes, all three! I should get some finishing done here too... but... I am sick... not happening right now. Is it weird stitching on 35-count versus 36? I don't think I have tried that. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete