Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A few finishes to share....

I had been wanting to share some of my finishes but they never really seemed to fit into any particular category.  So I thought I would just post about them and share them with you.

This is With Thy Needle & Thread Letters for Santa.  I made it into a pillow but I used 36ct Cream Edinborough to stitch it on so that it wouldn't be huge pillow.


This is a project I stitched last year for Dh's birthday.  It is a chart from 4 My Boys called Fear Not Tomorrow.  I stitched it, put it in a "safe place" in my sewing room and ended up forgetting WHERE I had stored it in my sewing room.  I had wanted to get it framed in time to give to him for Christmas but with not finding it in time, he didn't get it framed as part of his Christmas present.  Then when I was looking for something else in my sewing room, I FOUND his project.  Well at least he was able to go with me to help pick out his frame for his stitched piece.


Here is a close up of the frame.  I thought he did a great job picking it out.  It is hanging in his office at work.


I'm sure there was another finish but right now, I can't think of it.  So when I do, I will post it then.  This upcoming Friday will be our first Smalls SAL post.  I do know what I will be sharing then.  So be sure to check back on Friday to see what Smalls I have stitched and/or finished to show.

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. What super finishes, Brenda! I love the frame molding you used on your husband's piece. I look forward to seeing which small(s) you are kicking off the year with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet pillow that made. And a fabulous gift you gave your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely finishes and don't worry, I am always losing important things when I put them into a "safe" spot - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful finishes! The striped fabric was the perfect choice for your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finishes are Great! But I especially love Fear Not, and put it on a Wish List! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete