Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Today is one of my most favorite days of the year.....besides my birthday, Easter and Christmas.  Today is a day for Mother's to be honored.  I sent my mom a beautiful card and a check for her Mother's Day and told her to spend it on her mini vacation with my dad.  She said she wanted to find something special to buy with it and would tell me when she found it.

I started my day with my husband giving me an Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffin for breakfast.  At chapel, all the mothers were given 3 roses:  a red, a pink and a white rose.  They had a lunch fellowship after service but I had my heart set on going to Red Robin for my Mother's Day lunch and we did go there.  My kids and husband all gave me beautiful cards after we got home and they got me a nice wall shelf to display our international knick knacks on.  But my other Mother's Day present was the framing for my Examplars From the Heart Resurrection xstitched project that I stitched while my husband was deployed.  I have sooooo wanted this to be framed but we were still in Germany at the time when it was finished and I just didn't trust the mail system to get it to Jill Rensel studio so I waited til we moved back to the USA and hand carried it on the plane til we got settled here in AZ.  It was well worth the wait.  You can see it here as Jill had taken a picture in her studio before mailing it back to me.  Yes....I have taken a picture of Ted and I holding it but the pics aren't loaded up onto the computer yet.  I will share those this week.



I am SOOOO PLEASED with it.  Jill still has 3 other of my projects left to frame up but I sooooo wanted to have this project in time for some company that was visiting me this past week but also to have it here in time for me to enjoy for my Mother's Day.  Jill did an absolute fantastic job and I can't wait to get the other 3 pieces either.

Today has also been a day of rest for me as I have had a very VERY busy week last week that I won't bore you with the details on.  I even took a nap today to rest which I sooooo needed but still feel tired somewhat. 

I hope everyone has had a beautiful BLESSED Mother's Day...... if you are a mother or a woman who is like a mother to someone else and mentoring her!   I know I am BLESSED!!!!

3 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Mother's Day!
    Jill made a great job of your beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Your stitching is beautiful and Jill did a wonderful job framing it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, Resurrection looks beautiful all framed up, I can hear the pride and joy in your voice to see your piece all stitched up, framed and hanging in your home.
    I am sure you made your husband very happy.

    Blessings to you and your family, Vilma

    ReplyDelete