Sunday, September 30, 2018

September Smalls posting....2 days late

Well it seems like all of my blog posting this year have been late.  I should ask...why start now for being on time, but that's the wrong attitude that I was brought that way.  So I am just going to go with it for now and publish my Smalls for September just a mere 2 days late.

Heather of Stitching Lotus is our host this year for posting of our Smalls and I know she would want you to check out her blog as well.  I am sure she is like the rest of us....life happened and we just go on with it.

I managed to get 4 finished stitching this month....one being just hot off the needle last night.  That would be JN Witchy's Sister Mouse.  I hope to get her assembled this week, but when I do get around to it, I will make another post to share with you.


This next one is from Blue Ribbon Designs chart Small Tokens of Affection. I will eventually make this into a small pincushion and it is stitched on 28ct Antique White Jobelan using HDF premium silks.  If you want to know the numbers for the silk, please leave a comment and I can go pull the colors again to tell you.  I don't have them at the moment next to the computer.  I stitched a 2nd BRD pincushion, but I can't show it yet because the person hasn't gotten it yet.


I needed a little finish for the upcoming October Halloween holiday.  If you know me, I have NEVER been a huge Halloween person until one year I saw this wonderful "FUN Halloween Round Robin" project.  So I collected all the charts to do one just like the participants of the Round Robin  Well needless to say, that Round Robin became a long lost UFO that is still not finished to this point.  Maybe I will pull it out and try to get it finished up. 

Getting to my point of what I was getting at, I will now stitch Halloween pieces but ONLY .... ONLY ... if they are FUN type Halloween projects. So no scary projects will every be stitched nor hung i my house. 

But I did fall in love with this little SB project called Spooky Sheep!  Now I need your help!  Should I frame it or just make it into a cut little pinchushion to set up to display.  Leave a comment and tell me how you would finish it!


Last project finished this month was my PS Santa for my favorite Krispy Kreme clerk in Knoxville, TN.  Needless to say, I have seen him a LOT traveling back and forth between OH and TN.  So ... I would always bring back a dozen (maybe 2 dozen) doughnuts.  Let me just say that most of that 2nd dozen was frozen once I got back to eat at a later time. 

So continuing on with my tradition of giving Tim his annual ornament, this is PS Santa 2000.  I hope to get this one assembled into an ornament as well this week.  I foresee spending quite a bit of time in my sewing room!!!


That's all I have to share for now for my Smalls this month.  After seeing all this on my Smalls post, I did get quite a bit stitched for this month!!

Happy Stitching!



8 comments:

  1. What fabulous smalls you created this month, Brenda! I love the PS Santa and the BRD alphabet small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the mouse put together!
    All wonderful smalls, I really like the Spooky Sheep. Decisions, decisions - a frame might be nice, or maybe a cube?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours of the WS mouse and the spooky sheep is cute. A frame would be easier but you can do lots of different finishes if made into a pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Smalls, Brenda. I love that Boo sheep - who is the designer, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching, delightful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great smalls. I would like to see the UFO Hallowe'en project, maybe it will inspire you to pick it up again!
    I like the idea of a cube for your spooky sheep or a flat finish to display on an easel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read many blog content out from here. I feel all posts are very informative and content oriented.
    joker123

    ReplyDelete