Wednesday, March 26, 2014

2014 Smalls SAL Update for March

Today is the day to post our Smalls SAL post.  You can find the link to how to join in my side bar or you can just click on the link HERE.

This month I decided to stitch up something new from SB from the Nashville Market called Spring Box.  It REALLY was a quick and easy stitch and only took me 3hours to stitch it.  I am not sure if I'm going to put it in the box but rather maybe make it into a stuffed hanging pillow for decoration.  That is why it is not totally finished yet either.  I was having a hard time deciding HOW to finish it.  What do you think???  Buy the box to put it inside or make it into a hanging pillow???  Leave me a comment and let me know how I could or should finish it. 

Here it is:



Also this month I have finished another small project.  It was my afternoon stitching while waiting for the kids to get out of school when picking them up in the afternoon.  It is LHN Wisdom Sheep Virtue.  It is stitched on 36ct Lt. Examplar fabric using DMC threads.  However, the only correction is that I used white for my sheep.


Once again....he is not finished as I have all my fabrics for the sheep to be finished.....hopefully one Friday here soon.  Don't worry.....I will show pictures when I do get them all finished.

Another finish was a small ornament that I stitched for my dad's Christmas present this year while at my Sedona retreat.  It is another deer project for him.  Hmmmmm seems like I'm on a trend for my dad each Christmas.   It is from the chart Prairie Schooler Winter Wind.  My dad and I love deer and at his house they do come up to the house close to eat.



Now I need to figure out WHAT to stitch for my mom's Christmas ornament for this year.  That is all I have to share for today for smalls.  I had HOPED to get one of these pretty things finished but in due time they will. 

Thank you for stopping by once again. 
Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. How cute! I love the sheep -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love boxes, and tht box looks super cute. Lovely finishes on you all your smalls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes, Brenda. I just adore the Sheep Virtue pieces, way too cute.

    Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finishes, Brenda! I would go with either a hanging pillow or a flat ornament type finish that could be hung from a hook or doorknob. My favorite is the PS one you stitched for your Dad. Love PS designs and love deer!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable,c'est en petit tableau qui me plait,comme sur la photo.
    Bonne semaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Smalls this month. I really like the little box for the SB, it's a very sweet finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that SB design. Personally I would finish it as a hanging, but that's just because I don't have that many flat surfaces. You stitch faster than I do...I don't think I could have gotten that done in 3 hours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Brenda
    I think the box will be so beautiful!
    All your finishes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete