Friday, March 28, 2014

Just Nan SAL Update.....



Today is the date to post our JN SAL for the month!!!  YEAHHH  I actually stitched mine while away on retreat last month in preparation of trying to stay ahead of the game.  This month's project I chose to stitch up Winter Violets Whimzi.  It is stitched on 30ct Weeks Lilac linen.  I love the color of the linen but I find that purples are extremely hard to photograph.  This linen was nice but was not stiff.   I did iron the interfacing like Nan suggests when finishing.  The linen just still seemed limp when I finished ironing it and is easily stretched I found when framing this whimzi.  Here is my finish for this month but I have a couple more JN projects that I am stitching on as well for this SAL.



One project that I pulled out and worked on this past weekend was the Queen of the Needle Sampler Case.  I had started it right away when it came out from The Silver Needle but that was right before we were to move for an overseas assignment and sadly.....it got packed away til now.  I am sorry for any wrinkles as this was just hurriedly photographed at the last minute this a.m.  It is being stitched in the silks that came with the kit.



Another JN UFO that I have pulled out to work on is called Sweet Remembrance.  I love the delicate soft colors that JN uses in her projects as well.  Once again...I apologize for the wrinkles.  This fabric that I'm stitching on for this project is 28ct Star Sapphire Jobelan.  I LOVE the soft blueish green tone of the fabric.  I just wished the pictures did the fabric justice of how they REALLY look.  So reach in your mind's eye and just "see" what the actual true color of the fabric is.  I may have to start photographing my projects outside in natural sunlight since we are in so much abundance of it here in AZ.


I also want to share a picture of my most FAVORITE Just Nan piece.  This one is soooo special to me because my best friend stitched it for me.  But......there is a story that goes along with it.  My best friend Karen and I met 18 1/2 years ago when we both were stationed together at Scott AFB.  She and I both had small babies at the time, and we shared the love of cross stitching so our friendship was an immediate success!  We would meet for lunch and let the kids play together or sometimes one of the babies would be sleeping while the other played.  So it made for a perfect stitching time together.  As we were about to move to different bases, Karen and I both ended up stitching THE SAME EXACT PIECE.....True Friends chart......for our gift to each other.  However, the funny part was that only our LNS was in on the whole process!  Our shop was Mom & Me of Lebanon, IL and her name, Karen also, knew what my best friend Karen was stitching for me and I for her.  Well, it made for such a fun laugh when we exchanged our present of our stitched gift to the other one! 



I've already picked out my next project for April as I'm trying to stay ahead of the game and my SALs.  I thank Zeb for doing this JN SAL in helping me get all my JN stitched up and out of their binders or gift bag storage (see previous post of how I store my JNs to see what I am talking about). Plus.....for collecting all the "missing Just Nan" charts that I've either wanted to buy and didn't at the time that they came out.

Happy Stitching everyone!





9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your latest Whimsy finish, Brenda! Very pretty! Your JN WIPS are lovely and what a special piece (and story) you received from your friend.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish & WIP's, Brenda.

    Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress and beautiful designs. What a lovely story behind True Friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un ravissement ces broderies!
    Une plus jolie que l'autre,un petit faible pour le médaillon.
    Doux week end

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty finish!! Love all your others, also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish. The WIPs are just as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the story about your Friendship piece, that is just so neat :) The Stitchy Karma Gods really came through for you both there LOL! True friends, indeed. And it is such a lovely design - the doily underneath it is very pretty too. "Sweet Remembrance" will be gorgeous, with the roses and the lace-like stitching, and the gingham print linen for the Queen of the Needle set is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish and your other works in progress are beautiful too. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Loving the story of your friendship - made me smile. Isn't it great when something like that happens. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Whimzi is lovely, very delicate.

    I am stitching part of Sweet Rememberance too this month, for the Band Sampler Round Robin I am in. It's a beautiful design too.

    I love the story about you and your friend, it shows how close you are and how well you know each other's taste. I would have found it so hard to be the LNS owner and kept quiet though!

    ReplyDelete