Monday, January 2, 2012

A new challenge.....

Oooo I sometimes love a good challenge in my stitching.  I was reading Becky Bee's Stitching Blog.  You can find her link on the side link of my blog.  Becky is having this BAP challenge for 2012 and I signed up for it!

Becky's requirements:
The Design size must be at least 10 x 12 (that will roughly be in the neighborhood of 175 x 200 stitch count. The design can be larger but must meet the minimum requirement of 10 x 12. (if size differs due to stitching it over 1 but still meets the stitch count requirement that is acceptable.

So my project is going to be My Big Toe The Lord's Prayer.  I have the fabric already and the threads are on their way to me this week.  The stitch count is 240w x 392h so it definitely meets the requirements.  I've wanted to do this chart for the longest time and now I have the motivation to get it done.  The prize for the winner will be a $100 gift certificate to the ONS of Becky's choice.  Ooooo think of all the stash a stitcher could buy with that!

Now....if ONLY I had the threads I could go ahead and start on it right away.  We have to publish our WIP photos to our blog or email them directly to her to show her we are stitching it.  So look for the upcoming WIP photos and wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are joining the BAP challenge :) Good luck and I look forward to watching your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice for your entry into Becky's Challenge! I'd have loved to join in, but I promised myself no BAP starts this year as I already have too many as wips and feel overwhelmed with them. It will be fun to see everyone else's grow though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great choice!! I will be cheering you on and enjoying seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great project! I joined in too and it should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what everyone is stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice Brenda! This is going to be a super fun Challenge, and I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete