Thursday, August 25, 2016

August Smalls SAL.....


The Smalls SAL is hosted by Heather of Stitching Lotus.  You can click the link above or her blog name link!

I have been stitching on a LOT of things this month, but I did find time to finally cross stitch the JN Happy Birthday whimzi for myself!!!  I've been wanting to do it for years, but you know how that goes......another project comes along and it gets pushed aside.

Here it is.  I did change the color of fabric and whimzi frame for mine.  I did have the yellow fabric and antique brass looking whimzi, but it just was not appealing to me to stitch it on the yellow or put it in that antique brass frame.  I did keep the colors the same and added the 2 small crystals on as called for on the chart.  I just LOVE how it turned out.  Happy Birthday to me....Happy Birthday to me!  LOL


As I was cleaning up my sewing room, I stumbled across this JN Scream Girls whimzi's ALMOST finished!  I couldn't believe it!  So I quickly finished stitching it up and framed it as well.  This is not the whimzi frame JN put this design in originally, but it is what I had on hand.  The original whimzi frame had a ghost on the front of a greenish frame.  I think it still looks nice!


That's all I have to share for my Smalls post today.
Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

  1. Two super JN finishes for you! Go Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those little ghosts are so very cute. And I think it is the best idea to stitch and finish a project just for you... Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely smalls Brenda. I wonder how many of us have projects hidden away that are almost finished? I'm glad you found those cute ghosts just in time for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great Smalls and fab finishes. Love them both!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet birthday gift from you to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little crosses!
    The Halloween one has to be favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on your JN smalls. I have stitched Scream Girls myself but not for my Birthday! Love the little frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes! I really like the Halloween design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to you! These are great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quick and easy--I like that! Nicely stitched and finished! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete