Friday, April 20, 2012

Hummingbird picture.....

I know I posted last year about a hummingbird making a nest in my front porch lamp but then I think she flew away and never came back because maybe she thought I was disturbing her nest. 

There is another hummingbird this year....around the same time frame as last year.....and she has made a nest again in the same front porch lamp.  Well I don't know if it is the same hummingbird or not but I will keep telling myself that for now.  She is soooo sweet just sitting there every day on her nest.  I finally was able to get a picture without disturbing her this year.  You can see her here in the picture.



Isn't she just beautiful!!!????  Hummingbirds are my favorite bird!  I really should xstitch one to hang in my house.   Like a chart from Crossed Wing Collection or Valerie Pfeiffer by Heritage Crafts.  I think I have one from each designer.

I have some xstitch projects that are calling my name to be finished up so I will have some new xstitching photos to show you here soon.  I wanted to get some things "finished" so I can take them to the Attic on Sampler Sunday which is this Sunday.  Unfortunately I have not worked on any of my samplers that I have wanted to but I have been stitching small projects as of lately.  None the less....I've been xstitching.

Have a great weekend everyone.
HAPPY STITCHING!

3 comments:

  1. I love hummingbirds too! She is just precious! You're so lucky to have her so close to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hummingbird is so sweet. I don't get them very often in my garden. Enjoy your little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? It may very well be the same one, they do come back to the same place year after year :) You could do Hummingbird Sparkly Garden from Chatelaine - I have it almost ready to go (just need the last couple of threads and TIME!)

    ReplyDelete