Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shepherd's Bush Retreat pics.....

I recently went to the Shepherd's Bush Retreat in Park City, UT with several of my friends from Sept 23 - 30, 2012.  However.....we made a week of it away from our normal routines of work, housework, chores, errands and all those other things that keep us busy.  I look forward to my week away but I also miss my family a great deal.

We started off our trip in Salt Lake City, UT and visited Temple Square that Sunday when we first arrived.  But we had to get there first and fitting 4 women's suitcases into a medium sized car can sometimes be somewhat challenging as you can see here.  We took a pic just in case we forgot what went where to make it all fit.


I will just post some pics a little each day so the blog posts don't become too boring with just pics constantly.  After getting all our luggage in the trunk, we headed off to do some sight seeing and visit SLC Genealogy building and then Temple Square.  I had never been to either and was fascinated with visiting both.  I did a little research at the Genealogy Center on my family history.  After going there, we walked over to Temple Square.  It was sooo beautiful to see up close.

This first picture is the information desk when entering the Genealogical Center.



Temple Square



Left to right in the following pic:  Angelica, Brenda, Beth and Debra


The first picture is where the Boys Tabernacle Choir practice and a model of the Temple Square of what it looks like inside.  Both are simply gorgeous.




That is all I'm going to post from my trip for today as I'm going to get some xstitching in tonight while we are still on Fall Break for my kid's school. 

Happy Stitching.

3 comments:

  1. My home!!!!! Next time you come out I would love to meet you-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Brenda - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I'm so glad you all had a great time! And so very happy you had a chance to visit Temple square and the library. Wished I could have gone, but will have to save up for next time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete