Saturday, June 15, 2013

My current WIP......

Just a quick blog post tonight to really show my progress on Primrose Needleworks 272 Words.  This is a project for my husband!  It is stitched on 36ct Colorscapes Legacy linen using Gentle Arts Sampler Threads called for on the chart with the exception of the red color.  It is a Crescent Color thread.  I'm having a great time stitching it.  Thankfully I found a mistake I had stitched it but was able to rip it out and restitch it correctly.


Now that my exchange partner has received her "Stitched Scissor Fob" that I xstitched up recently on one of my message boards, I can now show you what I made for her.  This is Blue Ribbon Designs Sampler In the Square Scissor fob using Hand Dyed Fibers premium silk threads.

Front:


Back:


This was such a fun and quick stitched project to make up that I'm thinking I need to make myself one.  I used Sassy's 32ct fabric and the color name of the fabric escapes me at the moment but I just used some scraps from a piece of fabric that had been cut on.  This project doesn't take that much fabric and is such a quick stitch that I recommend this chart to everyone for those quick gifts you might need at the last minute.

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the great review and for stitching one of my scissor fob designs for your latest exchange - I am thrilled you found it fun and quick...it turned out LOVELY - your blog post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching and a cute gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your stitching is wonderful! I love that scissor fob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your progress on 272 Words and your scissors fob is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also stitching 272 Words for my husband. It has been a long-term project for me. I started it during the Olympics last summer and got it to the 1/2 way point and put it away. It is due to come back out the 4th of July and I hope to be able to finish it this summer. I would like to give it to him for Christmas if I can get it done! I will be interested to see how quickly yours progresses!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete