Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A new look and a donation!!!

I just have to say how wonderful it is that my daughter has always grown out her hair to donate to Locks of Love.  When she was 8 years old, she wanted to cut her hair short like her good friend.  I said that is fine, but that it would be even better if she could donate her hair to Locks of Love which is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces or wigs to children that suffer from hair loss due to medical treatment.  You can read more about Locks of Love here at this LINK.

Every time my DD has gone to have her hair cut, I've always tried to take a before picture and after picture.  She had 11" cut off this time and the last time she donated, she had 14" cut off.  So here are her before haircut and after haircut pictures.  I'm so proud that she has always wanted to help with this organization!!!


I'm sorry it looks like she has a line going across her hair.  Silly me, I forgot to take the picture as soon as we got home that day and she had it pulled back into a ponytail which is what caused that line in her hair.


But she said it feels so much lighter on her and she loves it being shorter.....at least for now in the hot summer!

I'm back to my stitching.  I've been intending on doing this but one thing or another has gotten in the way of my posting this about DD.

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful and generous daughter you have (and are raising) raised, Brenda. I bet it is lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a sweet daughter, Brenda (with beautiful hair, I might add!!)... That is such a lovely thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful thing!!! Your daughter is a wonderful young woman - I can just tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to do! Hair is wonderful stuff, it just keeps growing so you can keep giving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY younger daughter does this also! It amazes me how fast it grows! If I left mine grow, it would probably amaze me too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete