Monday, November 28, 2016

Stitcher's Garden Ornament exchange

First let me apologize for not making a Thanksgiving Day post on my blog like I usually do.  I was visiting family and they do not have internet connection.  And of course.....all my blog pics are on my computer and not on my smart phone.  I guess I could have still posted something on Thanksgiving Day but I was having fun visiting with family.....and stitching!

I belong to a group called Stitcher's Garden.  We did our annual ornament exchange and mine came in the mail while I was gone.  I just picked up the mail and my ornament came!!!

Here is what Jana stitched for me!  No I don't know the designers name but Jana did an EXCELLENT JOB on all of it.  The finish, the tightly twisted cording and mounting of the ornament!!!


I've gotten the ornament for my partner stitched and finished.  Now I just need to mail it out to her.  I was going to do that before the Thanksgiving break but you know how busy some days can just get before going on a trip.  And I was doing some baking before I left to take with me like a cake and cookies!!!  Our mailing date isn't until Dec 1 anyway but it will be in the mail tomorrow!!!  I will be able to share it in a post next month.

Before leaving to come back home, we did make a stop at the Krispy Kreme store!!!  I bought my annual calendar that has coupons each month, and a dozen doughnuts of 1/2 dozen chocolate iced white cream filled and 1/2 dozen of Santa Belly which are decorated as Santa's jacket of his belly filled with CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM inside.  Krispy Kreme doesn't have a doughnut filled with chocolate buttercream all the time, but it will make appearances for the different seasons sometimes.  Yes.....I have written to the company to THANK THEM for this as it is the CREAMIEST chocolate buttercream I have ever had!!!!  YUMMMMMY


Now.....back to my finishing!

Happy Stitching!!!

6 comments:

  1. The ornament you received through your exchange is lovely, Brenda. Very cool about the Santa belly donuts! Bet it is very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo good that there's not a Krispy Kreme near me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! I have a KK about a minute from my house, and tomorrow I am going there!! Very nice ornament you received. Looking forward to seeing the one you stitched too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Krispy Kreme donuts!!! Love them! Still have to try the Nutella one they have here in the UK :)
    Sweet little ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know I've never tried a Krispy Kreme doughnut? I'm curious- did you have you eat all 12 in one day?!
    That's a beautiful ornament from Jana, perfectly finished.

    ReplyDelete