Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day....

YEAH!!!  I was able to get this little Valentine freebie from iStitch Designs finished!!!  You can click on Carol's blog name to get to her website.

I stitched this adorable design 1 strand over 2 on 40ct white linen using Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Christmas Red thread.  Although after I had turned it and had it all stuffed up, I am realizing that I may have left a little too much between the stitching and the finishing fabric.  It's all stuffed and I'm not taking all that Polyfil back out.  I think it still looks cute though.


I did pick my finishing fabric BEFORE I actually stitched this.  I wanted to make sure the floss matched the finishing fabric.  Sometimes I forget to do that before stitching a small quick project.  I just used what was in my stash and I may restitch it again and make 1 in a pink color.  I will have to look at my finsihing fabrics to decide.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY and most of all......HAPPY STITCHING!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your Valentine finish is adorable, Brenda. I love the finishing fabric you selected. Way to go, Brenda! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Brenda! It looks cute. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish and a wise idea to choose the backing fabric first then match your thread. I really should do that too!

    ReplyDelete