Friday, September 29, 2017

September Smalls Post.....


Heather from Stitching Lotus is our host each month for our Smalls SAL.  Be sure to click on her blog link to see what everyone has been up to stitching for Smalls!

I had quite a few smalls to do the "final finishing" on so I made sure to get those done.  So let's get started with the pictures!

This is Just Nan True Blue.  It has been stitched a while and I have had the frame laid out on my cutting table just waiting for it to be framed up.  However, when I do my "finishing" work on my pieces, I don't like to be interrupted so I had had it just laying there waiting patiently for me to finish.  I have been gone a lot here and there off and on all year long which is another reason why my projects weren't getting "finished" totally.


These are my parent's small ornaments for this year.  The angel is for my mom and Santa is for my dad.



This PS 2000 Santa was one I had stitchd with Janet back in May of this year.  However, my cord maker had decided to break at that time so my poor Santa was all stuffed and just waiting for the cording to be made.  Yes I know I could have made it by hand by twisting it, but honestly I am lazy on that chore when I can have a small tool to make it for me.  So I just waited to finish him til I had ordered a new cord maker. 


The last ornament is one that I make for my Knoxville, TN Krispy Kreme guy whom I always go see when I am in town visiting family.  He's become like family to my family so he now gets an ornament each year!!  This is MBT Merry Christmas To You from  the 2016 JCS ornament magazine.  This was stitched on 32ct white Belfast linen using Hand Dyed Fibers in premium.  The colors were Perfect Red 6209, Exampler Gilded Cage, and Willow Withies 3229. 



That's all I have to share for this month. 

Happy Stitching!!!

12 comments:

  1. great finishing one and all Brenda ! lovely stitching too - have a great weekend - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching. I love the fabric on the back of the "Merry Christmas to you" ornament

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, your smalls look great. I need to add the MBT one to my pile now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful ornaments though I am starting to worry as I see so many Christmas things popping up on blogs. I'm not ready for Christmas!

    The Just Nan piece is beautiful framed, I hope you keep it out on display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely smalls for this month. The JN is beautiful as they all are. I like the pair for your parents too.
    But I am laughing at you stitching for the Krispy Kreme guy, that's an appreciative customer there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog after seeing it on Our Blogger of the Week. I enjoyed it and am now following you;

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all adorable, great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely ornaments and finished too, you have been very productive. Curious as to what cord maker you use, I have two and find both of them a challenge to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishes! I bet the new owners will love their gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finishes. I especially like the Just Nan one.

    ReplyDelete